Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Have you loved your feet lately?

Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and feet. It's also good for the ground. It makes it feel needed. Charles Schultz

My feet have taken a beaten. I am on my feet all day, jumping around, kids jump on my toes, I stub them daily. I am forever wearing my teva flip flops once the weather is warm. And since I've started running (or jogging at a very slow pace) my feet have paid the price. But in just a few days, summer vacation will be upon me and damn it, my piggies are squealing.

So tonight I went out with a dear friend and we treated ourselves to pedicures and dinner. It was like getting the last requested meal before execution. Enjoying the foot massage and pampering knowing all too well that my pretty toes will last only briefly before they are abused on a daily basis with sun and fun.

The esthetics aren't the only benefit though. By removing callouses a pedi helps to even out the surface of your feet to decrease pain. The foot and leg massage increases circulation. And some say the pressure points on the feet pushed during a pedi helps to overall health in the body.

Therefore, tonight, I will enjoy my crimson toes and uncalloused heels even if only for a moment, and hope to see them another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment