Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mommy's Special Ice Cream....

I can honeslty say I don't drink much or often.  But when I do, I drink Dos Equis.  Just kidding. I like girly drinks.  Sangria, Coffee (or Hot Chocolate) with Bailey's, or some spiked cider. But when I went to a wedding, someone told me about pudding shots.

Really.

I know.

Sounds ridiculous.

Sounds like dessert to me.

So using her recipe, my adult, over the age of 21 friends, and I began an Adult Ice Cream Adventure.
We went to town, probably making about 12 batches over a 7 day vacation period.  Mind you, there were 10 adults....

Basically if you have ever tried the Weight Watchers Ice Cream Sandwich recipe with Cool Whip and the graham crackers, then you are half way there.

Kid Friendly Version....
Mix:
1 pkg favorite instant pudding mix
1 1/4 cups of milk
Then fold in:
1 container of whipped topping (thawed)

Not-so-kid-friendly over 21 Version...
Mix:
1 pkg favorite instant pudding
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup desired liquor
Then fold in:
1 container of whipped topping (thawed)

Place mixture into the same whipped topping container.  But be forewarned, there may be just a little too much to fit it that you are just forced to eat it right away.  If you can manage to wait over night, you will reap wonderfully creamy benefits.  If not, it is still freakin' delicious.  And depending if you used skim milk, fat free and sugar free versions, it is a pretty low calorie/low fat dessert option (with or without the alcohol).

Some great combinations include:
Chocolate + Kahlua = Mudslide Flavor
Butterscotch + Kahlua = Werther's Original Flavor
Cookies and Cream + Cake Vodka = Cookies and Cream Flavor
Banana Cream + Cake Vodka = Banana Split Flavor
Coconut Cream Pie + Cake Vodka + Shaved Chocolate and Almonds = Almond (Oh) Joy Flavor
Chocolate + Ameretto = Chocolate covered cherry flavor
Pistacio + Cake Vodka + graham cracker crumbs = Old School Watergate Pie Flavor

If you come up with any good combinations, please feel free to let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment