Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September SpOT Light Series: Discover the Therablogger

Blogging is a way to share experiences, like an open diary, and to connect with those with similar interests.  I began blogging first as a way to vent about being home with two young children during my summers off.  I loved sharing about places to go and things to do and would tell people about my experiences.  I figured after so many people didn't know about some of the cool things we did, I'd put it into writing.

After a while, my writing evolved to sharing my experiences with products and technology that helped me help my students.  As a therapist with over 13 years of in the field, nearly 9 being in the public school systems, I came across something new on a daily basis.  I also found writing as a creative avenue to share some of the odd ways I look beyond the quadrilateral parallelogram, for example my analysis of the OT's Role in a Zombie Apocalypse.  However, I realized quickly that I am not the only Therablogger out there.

I am so happy to have the opportunity this month to put the SpOT Light on some amazing and innovative therapy bloggers.  Every other day, the SpOT Light will shine on one of 14 Therabloggers that provide edu-taining content to inspire the masses.   Apparently the timing of this month's posts could not have been more appropriate.  A recent OTPractice article had discussed the development and use of blogs in current trends.  It even included a few of the authors you will get to know in this SpOT Light series.

Last year, I was invited onto a Therapy Blogger's Facebook page which is where I met some of these wonderful pracitioners.  I have enjoyed their content, pulling their tips and tricks of the trade into my practice.  We've connected beyond the borders of states, countries and oceans.  From Arizona to Australia.   So please check back on the odd days of September to enjoy learning about what makes these unique therapists tick.  Maybe it will inspire you to share as well.

For a quick peek of upcoming posts, here is the schedule:

September 3, 2015: Alex Trichio from The Speel

September 5, 2015: Claire Heffron from The Inspired Treehouse

September 7, 2015: Rachel Coley from Can Do Kiddo

September 9, 2015: Cheryl Morris from OT Notes

September 11, 2015: Cara Kosinski from Pocket OT

September 13, 2015: Jaime Spencer from Miss Jaime OT

September 15, 2015: Katherine Collmer from Handwriting with Katherine

September 17, 2015: Sarah Lyon from OT Potential

September 19, 2015: Patti Pooler and Shelley Galvin from Tools To Grow OT

September 21, 2015: Rebecca Talmud from Dino PT

September 23, 2015: Chanda Jothen from Pink Oatmeal

September 25, 2015: Stacy Menz from Starfish Therapies

September 27, 2015: Anna Meadows from Kids Playspace

September 29, 2015: Margaret Rice from Your Therapy Source

No comments:

Post a Comment