Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: What a long strange trip it's been....

As the year comes to a close today, I can't help but look back on the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The boys have kept us on our game all year. They have challenged us to be the not-quite-the-best parents, and sometimes we felt like we may not have succeeded. Then sometimes there were times we gave ourselves the pats on the back that we greatly deserved.

There were a lot of great moments during the past 365 days. Riding bikes without training wheels. Saying goodbye to "baby shows" like Dora the Explorer. Swimming without floaties. Glued chins. Bloody faces. You know, the good stuff.

One of my most memorable events of the year was when the butterfly landed on Boog's forehead. The look on his face is forever etched in my memory. It was precious; it was joy.

And though the year may have been filled with stress, I like to think back on this year still as a year filled with joyful experiences. And I hope that 2012 will bring the same feeling. On that note, I wish you a safe and healthy Happy New Year filled with the ability to laugh at the worst times and cry at the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment