Thursday, December 8, 2011

Obviously, I am not sane....

I am obviously impressionable, and possible quite affected by the Dumbening of Motherhood, when I agreed to one of the most challenging things I think I will ever do besides raising my children: Tough Mudder 2012.

If you have never heard of this, Tough Mudder is a 10 mile course with 28 military style obstacles interspersed throughout the course complete with mud, cold water, and even electrical shock.
You also have to understand I am not the most athletic person.  I haven't run since the summer.  I have been quite lazy.  I suppose I needed inspiration and motivation.  And I suppose at least 3 hours of total mind and body $%$%  would do just that.

So tonight, I started my training and put on my running shoes, kyle's running tights, a sweatshirt, body armor shirt, hat, glove, Road ID and blue flashing blinker and went on my first run in god knows how long.  And it felt good! Even at 39 degrees and dark.  I was actually relieved that after so many many many weeks of not doing that I would have lost all I had worked towards with the Couch 2 5K program.  But my body went right back into it.

But jogging 2 or so miles is not quite gonna cut it.  I have to get this sorry butt into shape so I can finish.  As ridiculously fun I think it will be, I am not just doing it for me.  I am hoping to raise some funds for the playground my school desperately needs.  
So with my little many little angels in my mind, I will try my damnedest to complete what I set out to do.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Hun. You will get there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should run a half marathon this spring as part of your training. Run it with Kyle. I'll cheer you on with Boog and Mudge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome comes to mind. The only thing i can say is...AWESOME. I am so excited for this!

    ReplyDelete