Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The House of Many Candies...

I guess with Kyle working on the bathroom, I too had the urge to renovate.  So on the way home, I was inspired to start my own a little do-it-yourself project: A Gingerbread House.  I have no shame in saying I purchased a kit for $10 at the Family Dollar.
 
So while he was scraping and plastering, I was constructing the cottage with my own tasty caulk.  Once put together, and held with my hands, the boys were able to decorate.
 I have to say, they had better self control than I think I have.  They stuck to just a few pieces to eat, since we did do it before supper.  
With just a few minor collapses, the house finally was finished, the boys licked their pasty hands and we all enjoyed the final product of  "B and S Services" (now including construction and home decorating).
But if you are one of my gluten free friends, you don't have to lose out on the fun too.  A and J Bakery in Cranston, Rhode Island created The Allergen Friendly Gingerbread House Kit.  And even better, you can order one and have it sent to you.  Just remember this time of year is busy so make sure to call soon if you want one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment