Thursday, November 10, 2011

#13 A Friend is someone who knows you, and loves you anyway

So I am definitely thankful for my friends.  I have just a handful that have been there forever and a day.  They have been there for so long, they are considered family.  


My friends have seen me at my worst and still look me in the eyes the next day.


My friends have seen me at my best and backed me the whole time.


My friends have held my hair when puking my brains out (on that very RARE occasion)


My friends have held my hands through the saddest of times.


My friends have sat and listened and not said a judgmental word.


My friends have given it to me straight when needed. 


My friends were there for the birth of my marriage.


My friends were there for the birth of my children. (Hell, Liz was in the delivery room)


If it were not for my friends, my life would surely not be as entertaining and fulfilling as it has been.


Besides,  A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.— Bernard Meltzer

No comments:

Post a Comment