Friday, November 18, 2011

7, 6, 5

So as I curled up on the couch with my sick little Mudget, I thought to myself... what a wonderful world.....

Kidding. I actually thought to myself how much I love the sick kid snuggles.  Wrapping yourself up with a blanket.  Watching a movie, or two. or three....  Letting them drink whatever they want as long as they stay happy and hydrated.

And once his fever came down a little and his energy went up a little in comparison, we colored and practiced writing (I am so proud he is getting his diagonals).  Then he scrubbed up, finished a snacky supper, and read stories.

And as I lay with him in his bed, helping him get all tucked in and cozy, I thought about how grateful I am for the ability to do this.  I have my (relatively) healthy children, a safe and warm home, and food to put on the table.  I know too many who struggle with all of these three.

In hopes to pay it forward in a Karmic way, we have donated to food drives, even if it is just a few non perishable things.  We've cleaned out the coat closets in hopes to help keep someone warm this winter.  And soon the Pennies for Wishes campaign will be in full swing again (in memory of my spunky little student).

So during this holiday season, I hope in some way to inspire at least one other person to give a little of themselves to brighten the day of someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment