Wednesday, November 9, 2011

#14 I've got at least 30 reasons to go to work

Today, on this beautiful day off, I am in fact thankful for my job. I am grateful that in this economy I have a job. Not only to have a job, but to have one that I actually enjoy.

I have the honor of working with some of the most amazing children. Little ones who challenge me in ways that make me a better person, therapist and mother. They inspire me and help me remember how big the little things are. First steps. First words. Firsts.

These children go through more on a daily basis than I have gone through in my first thirty some odd years of life. They smile when I am goofy. They smile when we play. They smile when we connect. And I am glad to be able to do that with them.

So as much as I may bitch and moan some days about some of the things that come along with any job, I am so grateful and thankful for these kids helping me love what I do.

2 comments:

  1. Becca, I feel the same way! Although I rarely complain about my job, and your job role is a little different than mine, we both feel the same way about the kids! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ debb- It really is the children that bring me back every day. its the paperwork and extraneous crap i could do without :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete