Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Flipping autocorrect


Typical Text from my iPhone: 
(ME)See if prime has an earlier time it is alot clostridium
(ME) Closer wtf
(My sister) Lmfao

Seriously how many times have you sent a text for it to change meaning completely by one simple autocorrect. Suddenly you are telling your girlfriend how erect her doctor was that she reffered you to instead of perfect. Or how you are texting your sister that you are open to suffocation rather than suggestions.  

I can't tell you how many times I do this.  Not realizing until the moment after I hit send, the text I sent was not the one I meant.  Luckily, most people have a sense of humor about it and tell me to shut my autocorrect off.  But I don't know how.  And I don't think I want to just for the sheer amount of giggles I get from the obscure changes it makes to my vocabulary.  

Amazingly enough, I am not the only sufferer of the Autocorrectitis.  I found www.damnyouautocorrect.com and laughed my butt off for hours. I couldn't help it. Page after page of some of the foamiest (argh, funniest) autocorrects I have ever read. 

varsity.jpg
dead-walruses.jpg
These are just 2 of the umpteen thousands of samples of Autocorrectitis out there.  Like I said, if you want a good laugh and not feel so badly about your inadequate texting capabilities, check out this website.


No comments:

Post a Comment