Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Argh!

I am feeling a little pissed off.  Not for anything my children or husband or co workers have done or said.  They were all wonderful today, and I am trying to remember that. Gritting my teeth. Trying to look at the positive.

Buuuuuttttt, I just received the email that yet again I have  not been issued a grant that would help me build an inclusive playground for my preschool students.  To build a playground, like the one we need for our children with significant special needs, will cost nearly $60,000.  So I have been trying to find ways to fund this project to no avail.

These kids need a safe and accessible place to play.  I don't know to whom I need to speak to get this done.  So this is my venting forum for the moment.  If anyone has any ideas or success stories, I could surely use the encouragement.

Please visit our project, scroll down and watch the video.

1 comment:

  1. Becca, I am so sorry and so sick about this. I have a neighbor who is a grant writer, I will touch base with her this week or weekend. She has recently offered to help us out.

    Also, I have been looking into throwing a huge fundraising event....if we could raise half, maybe we can find a group to fund the other half.

    I do have an in with the Shriners and I am going to try to call in a couple of favors.

    ReplyDelete