Thursday, September 1, 2011

Confessional....

Forgive me,  readers, for I have sinned. It has been 4 days since my last entry...

As I am sure many of you have been in the same boat.  Cleaning up after Irene.  Ya know, she is not a very good house guest.  She used all our power.  Left broken branches all over the yard.  Used most of the hot water.  I know I will not be inviting her back.  However, her cousin Katia, may stop by in the next week.  I may put up a sign that says "No Vacancy".

But in the scheme of things, we were very lucky. No major damage.  We had access to water.  We also had family with power which made for shower, hot meals and TV available as well as an extra place to store food.  So minus a little sanity, we did not lose anything really.

Heck, the boys gained a few extra days of summer vacation, as did most of the area.  In the midst of rain, wind, and then clean up, they played fairly well will Boog's new birthday toys.  They rode bikes and searched for ants for his new ant farm.  Which was a lot harder than you think.  The big ants became stuck in the goo, while the little sugar ants managed to discover exits to their space age capsule.

The gruesome twosome were even able to have an extra special day with dad (HA!) and went fishing where they caught a couple more kivvers and a bass.  They must be getting the hang of that fishing thing, except that staying out of the water part... came home to wet shoes and shorts from falling in.  Wish I could have seen that!

All in all, summer vacation has gone out with a bang or maybe lack there of.  It was full of fun, scrapes, bug bites, and laughs.  And I bet that if either of their teachers ask "What did you do this summer?" Both will answer, "I don't know."  But I will know.  And most of you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment