Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Fatigue = Mudget Meltdown

I giggle sometimes when Friday comes along since I know Mudge has not had a nap alllllll week.  It's not the teacher's fault, it's not his fault, but certainly he has not grown out of them.  So by Friday, he is a wreck.  Last night he was asleep by 6:20.  Of course, he woke up at 5:30 this morning, but that was expected.

And today was no different.  As with most Fridays, we went to Papa's for supper.  Nudge, I mean Mudge, ate half his dinner and played with his brother and cousin for a bit.  He took his shower, but his mood was distinctively changing.  Like when I turned off the shower and he did NOT want that to happen.  Like when I put on the tiger towel, which was NOT the one he wanted.  Like when he told me "you're NOT gonna be my mommy anymore."  Yeah, I could see where this was going.

He went upstairs naked as a jay bird.  I tried to help him get his jammies on, but he decided NOT to wear underwear and took them off.  Then proceeded to have a hissy fit until we got home.  Awesome, I know. Probably not that different than what you may experience as well with your preschooler.  I suppose it is why I share, in hopes that I am NOT the only one, and neither are you.

And if you want a soundtrack to this experience, check out Justin Roberts' Meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment