Thursday, September 22, 2011

I didn't know it existed....

October 30th is apparently National Candy Corn Day!  Sweet Delectableness!
Here is everything you wanted to know about the tasty triangular treat and were afraid to ask...

Candy corn is fat free. So I won't gain weight if I eat an entire bag?

Candy corn has approximately 3.57 calories per delectable kernel, As much as a grape. An appropriate equivalent, I think. A "veggie" for a fruit?

A cup of candy corn has less calories than a cup if raisins. Well just give me another reason to eat a whole cup then.

Candy corns are built from the top to the bottom. Where do you start your candy? At the top!(sorry I couldn't help myself)
Yes, I do love them.  Thank you Philadelphia.
The Philadelphia-based Wunderlee Candy Company's George Renninger, invented this popular candy back in the 1880s. Can we assume there is a correlation between the invention of the delicious sweet and the publishing of some of the times most memorable literature like the Adventures of Huck Finn, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Sherlock Holmes?

So go to your local store and celebrate this most sacred of days, October 30th.
And when the children are in bed, you can indulge in this...
From the Food Network, here is the recipe for Candy Corn Cordials

No comments:

Post a Comment