Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Anytime is Playground Time Thanks to Kaboom's New App

Today we had to run some errands so by 10 o'clock we had been in the car for a while.  So I tried out my new app: Parents Kaboom! Playground finder.

First, if you don't know Kaboom! they are a wonderful resource for getting play and playgrounds back into the community.  In fact, I submitted a video for our school to get a chance for a grant.  Though we didn't win, I keep in contact with them and keep trying.

Anyway, it was more of a test, I knew where we were going.  I plugged in my Current Location and low and behold, 5 playgrounds showed up, 4 of which I was not aware.  

 We arrived.

 We conquered.
We played for about an hour.
 
I absolutely love the idea of this app.  You can find a playground, add a playground, and even set up a play date. I am often on the road with the boys, and sometimes you just want to let them burn off some energy.
So the next time you or the kids are itching to get outside and you are looking for an all inclusive area to build some strength, coordination, socialization, language, while having fun, flip through the iPhone, and BAM!  You have places to go within seconds.  It's free. It's awesome. My only word of caution is that it does rely on visitor's ratings and most of the listed playgrounds are schools, so I am not sure how reliable it is, understandably.  For example it listed my local high school as having one, which I am pretty doubtful it has an accessible area for kids to play.  None the less, it is now one of my faves.  Kudos to Kaboom! and Parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment