Saturday, August 6, 2011

You're gonna shoot your eye out, kid

I wanna Red Rider BB Gun!
I am sure we all said it at some point in our childhood directly after watching A Christmas Story.  Well for Kyle's 40th birthday, he got one.  And now the kids are getting in on it.
I was probably around 8 years old when I got my CO2 pellet revolver.  I used to love shooting at the hay target in my backyard.  We had 14 acres of woods so I didn't have to worry about puttin' a cap in the neighbors a@@.
So at 3 1/2 and "5 and 5/6 quarters", my boys are beginning to experience the hick's right of passage.  Pinging a BB off a tin can and soda bottle. WITH DIRECT AND HANDS ON SUPERVISION.

Now I ask you, how old were you when you shot your first BB?  And how old will your kids be when you let them?

No comments:

Post a Comment