Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bingo, with a Zing....

I love Zingo.  I can't help it.  When Think Fun created Zingo and its counterparts, they hit the nail on the head for developmentally appropriate preschool-kindergarten fun.

We have had the original Zingo for a while.  It develops language, visual perceptual skills, fine motor, all through play.  I play it at home with my kids, as well with the ones with which I work.
And today on a whim I stopped in to find both a travel Zingo as well as a number version for 20% off,  since Borders was doing a Going out of business sale. Sweet.
So Zingo to Go is a car friendly version that comes with its own little drawstring case and marker-free "traffic lights"to use as boards.  Those 3 colored traffic lights can click together to form a larger board or use simple one.  The "Zoomer Car" is a dice shaker instead of the slider.
Zingo 1, 2, 3 is a counting and addition version to help with math skills as well as the other benefits of the traditional game.  I tested it out on my 4 year old nephew who happened to be around.  He caught on quickly and we played 2 rounds.

At the going rate of almost $20 per game, I would still pay full price for it.  It is well worth the investment.  However, keep your eyes open on Amazon, Walmart, Target, and elsewhere and I am sure you will find a more frugal price.  But if there was one (or 3) games to get, I would highly recommend Zingo.  It is quick, fun, easy to learn, and easy to play.  And the kids might not even know they are learning while they do it.

Kudos to Think Fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing our Zingo! family! We love hearing from parents like you who seek out play experiences that build thinking skills, and we're thrilled to learn that games like Zingo have been integrated into your work with your clients! Thanks for your support of ThinkFun, looking forward to sharing more great games with you!

    ReplyDelete