Friday, August 12, 2011

Children of the Corn Maze....

Just got the email that Fort Hill Farms (gem of Thompson) will be opening August 20th!

Not that I am done with summer, but I love the fall.  I love apple picking, apple crisp, hot apple cider, appletinis, pork chops and applesauce.... but I also love corn mazes.  It has been a while since I have done one, the last one being I think when Boog was able to fit in a backpack.  So I am looking forward to checking out the farm's 2011 maze.

From what I have read, there will also be a Maize Quest, or scavenger hunt, in which you will have to search for clues about farming and what not.  And it's six acres, you might want to bring an overnight bag if you are geographically and topographically challenged.

The other benefit is that when you have succeeded in actually getting out of the maze, you can get fresh Farmer's Cow ice cream. I wonder if they will have an apple flavor....

Anyway, their hours of operation are Sunday thru Thursday 10-5, Fridays and Saturdays 10-10.  If you are brave enough and don't fear a Stephen King story waiting to happen, you can bring flashlights for the night time adventures.  Good luck and maybe we'll see you there, camped out with rations and signal flares, unkempt because I'll have been lost with the kids for hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment