Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just one of those days...

Maybe it was a self fulfilling prophecy, or I just am psychic, but I knew today was going to be one of those days.  Yesterday was great but it was followed by a long night.  I got home around 11 after helping out my sister for a while.  Got into bed to be woken up by Boog at 2-3 ish.  To be then woken up by Kyle's alarm at 545.  Then again by the Mudge at 645.  Sweet, sweet coffee was going to be at my beckon call.  I knew it was going to be a long day.

Fatigue has this amazing quality of exponentially decreasing my patience and energy levels, like those on video games when you start out in the green then poof you get hit by a rocket and you only have a few blinking red bars left.  So needless to say, my A game was in the far distance, I was shooting for a C.

Though my "bad mommy voice" did not rear her ugly head, her younger sister "loud mommy voice" definitely showed up.  For good reasons mostly. Like when Boog was tearing things out of Mudge's hands, when while playing in the pool, they were almost drowning each other, and when frankly, I couldn't standing the freakin' tattling and bickering any more.  Like I said, C not A game.

Occasionally, when I did have my spurts of good mommy, we had some fun.  Letting them rip, Beyblades not "poop farts".   Having some bubble magic time.  Bicycle obstacle course.  And of course , swimming.  Thankfully, I managed to get Mudge down for a nap, and some "quiet time" for Boog which meant I could actually just rest quietly on the couch to regain some of my energy bars to at least out of the red blinking stage.  It helped. I didn't feel as much as an ogre as I did in the morning.  I am hoping to bring more of at least a B game tomorrow, pending good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment