Thursday, July 7, 2011

Slap Happy and Punch Drunk Go For A Ride

After the third night of interrupted sleep, I just didn't have it in me to do much with the boys.  And after a few time outs, he said/he said, and toy battles, I thought it would be just way safer for all involved to go for a ride.

I took the very long route to Wrenthem Outlets, to do a little shopping.  Stupid, I know, taking 2 boys to shop for clothes for me, but dammit, I needed tank tops and shorts.  And frankly, I couldn't stay in the house.  I was risking it, though.

Yesterday on the way home from the Explorium, Mudget proceeded to have verbal diarrhea for the entire 90 minutes it took to get home.  He didn't shut up.  Not once.  It got to the point when even Booger told him to "Just stop talking!!!"  I had to laugh and turn up the radio because I just couldn't stand it anymore.  I gave up on the kids music, and threw on non-offensive lyricists like the Dixie Chicks, The Band, and John Denver.  Sitting in traffic, I blared "Take me home country road" and sang it as if it were my own anthem trying to drown out the non sensical things from the backseat.

Luckily this trip was much less noisy in the back.  Mudget zoned out, periodically letting his eyes roll into the back of his head, while Boog snuggled with his blankie.  That was when I just rejoiced in my head for the little quiet time in the car.  It's moments like those sometimes that can act like the metaphorical Calgon Bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment