Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chillaxing by the water.....

“Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.”

-- Michelle Held


Today was a gorgeous day spent with family and friends down on the Narrow River.  Mudge went with Kyle in the kayak; he is small enough to fit into one of the storage hatches.  He was ready and raring to go with his life jacket.  But Boog just felt degraded by the need to wear a life jacket since he can swim without one.  So he opted to stay back with me, looking for hermit crabs.  I love the fact he has no hesitation when picking up the crabs and holding them as they crawl over his hand.  At one point, he looked at me with his freckly face and said, "Mom, isn't this nice? Just sittin' here, chillaxin, you and me?"  Too cute.
Mudge returned and wanted to come search for the crabs, too, but screamed like a little school girl as they crawled on his brother's hand.  They swam for a while and then we chillaxed some more in the sunshines with some "Cheese Toes", also known as Cheetos.


I am ready to start summer vacation after these two gorgeous days outside with the boys. Can't wait to do some more chillaxin, get some more Del's, and just do some fun things too.  But I know I have to wait a few more days till my school lets out.  Boog is lucky, he gets out a few days earlier than I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment