Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm Changing the Definition of PMS

I know PMS was considered Putting up with Men's S###.  But on some days, the children seem to push my buttons a little easier.  So I am changing PMS to Pushing Mom's Self-Destruct.

I know it isn't their fault when they are just being cute, making noises for noises' sake.  Or pretending to touch each other saying "I'm not touching."  Or having a version of the "Nuh hun, Yeah huh" game.  But amazingly enough, those things can scratch against my proverbial chalkboard making the Bad Mommy Voice want to rear its ugly head.  And yes, sometimes Bad Mommy comes out. Which is followed by the visit of Guilty Mommy because Bad Mommy used her loud voice for an instant.  (That instant did feel good for that short time.)

We all do it.  And if you don't, I don't believe you.  You can't tell me you are Practically Perfect Mary Poppins, she was the nanny.  Maybe I am wrong, but I think more of us are closer to a mix of Roseanne, Marge Simpson with a splash Claire Huxtable for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment