Thursday, June 16, 2011

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM

There is something so right about going out for ice cream.


We had done things a little backwards this evening.  Showering first, since they had been playing in the sprinkler when they got home from school.  Got the jammies on. Ate supper.  But it was still early, even by our standards.  So off we went.

We travelled only a few miles to Abby's, on Route 100.  It was like going back in time, because across the street was a Cruiser Nite, about 15 antique cars and trucks with 50's music blasting in the background.  I have to say, it was really nostalgic.  It made me briefly feel happy the technology and computers were away, and that we were just enjoying our ice cream and company.
Abby's offers homemade ice cream, from Cumberland's Ice Cream Machine.  And it is delicious.  Booger was so excited to have his Dinosaur Crunch, a blue crazy vanilla base with crunch dinosaur bones in it.  Mudge went for a classic, chocolate with M&Ms.  And it was rich and creamy, almost Dark Chocolate in flavor.  Yes, they let me have a bite.  And I just couldn't help myself with a Root Beer Float made with French Vanilla.

I can say, that for the $12 that I spent for a double mommy date, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Not just for the flavor, but for the good times.


Funny Dessert Quotes

1 comment: