Friday, June 24, 2011

Sinks are not for dishes...

Or for straws.  Or tea bags for that matter.  According to my wonderful husband, the sink is not a depository for dirty items; that is what the dishwasher is for.

mr-clean-logo.jpg
A sink was for dishes, when I was growing up.  We did not have a dishwasher.  When the pile was big, we washed the dishes.   Or go into my sister's room, and collect the umpteen nasty iced tea cups from her headboard, most with fuzzy growing items on the leftover Lipton Mix stuck to the bottom.  It was the same way in college too.  Sinks collected the dishes, then we did them.
 
 And still now, I deposit the dirty dishes in the sink and at some point, usually before Kyle gets home, I try to put them in the dishwasher.  Sometimes I forget or don't get to it, and Kyle's non-passive way of getting back at me is that he tosses the wet nasty tea bag or straw down my shirt.  Gross, I know.  But he comes from a way different background of cleanliness habits, hence why he brainwashed the children into replying to the question: "Who makes the messes?"  Mommy.  "Who cleans it up?"  We do.  Hey, if they wanna clean up my messes, I'll let them.  I have cleaned enough of theirs.










Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment