Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer is a promissory note signed in June, it's long days spent and gone before you know it , due to be repaid next January. ~Hal Borland

According to Wikipedia, where I get all of my vast knowledge of random things, the summer solstice occurs when the sun reaches it's highest point in the sky, when the earth's axial tilt is at its maximum Incline towards the sun. They say the summer solstice is the longest day of the year. But I disagree.

I can definite think of longer days. My due date with both of the children. Both were very long as I waited for the days to come and pass resulting in more days of waiting. Or maybe when I waited to get my boards results in in fear that I would not be able to keep my job. Or the days that start with a bang a 5 am with kids raring to go as if they had drank my coffee. So today I ask you, what has been the longest day for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment